Adult safeguarding involves raising and acting on concerns associated with abuse (domestic violence, emotional, sexual, financial) and neglect. Systems are required to identify early indicators of abuse, prevent further abuse and act quickly and effectively with other agencies to safeguard adults who are experiencing abuse. The following policy contains details of procedures, contact details, training requirements and other personnel involved in safeguarding processes
Immediate risk of Harm -----------------------------------------------------------Dial 999
Child in Household consider child social care referral if safeguarding concerns (as above)
Low/Medium/risk - patient self refers to:- Staying Put 01274 667104
Male Standing up 0300 3030167 (male victims only)
Hope 01274 651652 (children)
High Risk - Complete Risk Indicator Checklist (RIC) and MARAC referral if score >14 (or
significant concerns at lower scores)
Discuss with Mandy Robinson domestic abuse manager 01274 237684
(Always Refer to children's social care worker if referring to MARAC)
- If high-risk Dom. Violence (i.e. high risk of homicide/serious harm)
- Email MARAC on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Bradford Safeguarding Unit on 01274 376116
- Bradford Police Safeguarding Unit – provides support and practical assistance – 01274 376116
- Staying Put – for women experiencing domestic abuse who want the abuse to stop but not to leave home – 01274 667104 www.stayingput.uk.net
- National Domestic Violence help line – 24hr – 0808 2000 247
- National help line for men wanting to change – 0808 8024040 www.respectphoneline.org.uk
- Broken Rainbow – for LGBT people experiencing domestic violence –0845 2604 460 www.broken-rainbow.org.uk
- Where possible ensure immediate safety of alleged victim. Call 999 if an immediate response required.
- Do not disturb any evidence, record what has happened and seek advice from your immediate line manager.
- OFFICE HOURS call – 01274 431077 (Adult Protection Unit)
- OUT OF HOURS – Emergency Duty Social Worker 01274 431010
- POLICE SAFEGUARDING UNIT – 01274 376116
Reporting a crime
- If you suspect a crime has been committed call the Police Safeguarding Unit: OFFICE HOURS: 01274 474708; OUT OF HOURS: 101 for non-emergency police response.
Contacts (Adult Protection)
- Bilton Medical Centre Adult Safeguarding lead: Dr M H Khan
- For general advice regarding concerns about abuse of an adult
- Call Adult Protection Unit on 01274 431077.
- OOH call duty worker on 01274 431010
- Please call Adult Protection Unit even if you are unsure.
- For professional guidance, support and advise.
- Report a care/nursing home: www.bradford.gov.uk/makeanalert which is then sent to safeguarding coordinator and then it is decided based on that information and existing information as to whether his needs to be come a referral into the multi-agency safeguarding adults procedures.
To make a general referral – please read this.
- If you are not sure whether abuse is being committed or not, or if you want further advice whether an adult is vulnerable or not, then please contact Adult Protection. You DO NOT need proof of abuse or vulnerability (it may be the missing piece of the jigsaw!). Let Adult Protection explore the matter further AND DON’T put yourself in danger at any point.
- Complete the Adult Protection Referral form online – go to www.bradford.gov.uk/makeanalert or telephone Access Point 01274 431077
- To make a referral go to the adult safeguarding template on SystmOne. On here you can click on referral, and it takes you through to the webpages, you need to make the referral online.
- If on reporting a concern no action is taken, then tell someone else.